Broiled Salmon With Lemon And Olive Oil
See the above photo for an image of this recipe.
- 4 (6 oz) salmon filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried rosemary
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 4 cups arugula or uncooked baby spinach
- Lemon slices and rosemary sprigs for garnish, optional
- Sprinkle salmon fillets evenly with salt and pepper.
- Place fillets, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil and rosemary in a large
zip lock plastic bag. Seal and turn to coat. Chill 30 minutes.
- Remove fillets from marinade, discarding marinade. Place fillets, skin side down, on
a rack coated with cooking spary in an aluminum foil-lined broiler pan.
- Broil fish 5 1/2 inches from heat 10 to 12 minutes or until fillets flake easily with
- Arrange rice and spinach on a serving platter; top with fillets.
- Whisk together remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 1 tablespoon olive oil; drizzle
over fillets. Garnish if desired.