Paul's Pumpkin Bars
4 large eggs
1 2/3 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; add to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Spread into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once cool frost with the cream cheese frosting
Cream Cheese Frosting
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' (powdered) sugar
- Beat together the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and confectioner's sugar.
- Spread evenly over bars after they have cooled.